If your teeth are not as bright and white as they used to be, you are not alone. Teeth whitening is the most commonly requested cosmetic dental service. Dr. Haas, Dr. Haas, Dr. Burns, and our team are happy to provide teeth whitening in Lebanon, Ohio, for those who wish to brighten their pearly whites.
When considering whitening your teeth, you may wonder:
Why Did My Teeth Darken in the First Place?
The radiance of teeth can fade over time for several reasons, including:
– Food and beverages –In general, foods and drinks with an intense color can stain the teeth.
– Tobacco products – Tar and nicotine can create stubborn stains on the teeth.
– Trauma – If you have a mouth-related injury, a tooth may change color. This is because teeth react to injury by laying down more dentin, the yellowish layer under the enamel.
– Age – Over time, the tooth becomes thinner and more of the dentin shows through.
– Medications – Some medications (like antihistamines, antipsychotics, and high blood pressure medicines) can cause the teeth to darken. Chemotherapy can also darken the teeth.
At Family Dentistry, Inc., we offer both in-office and take-home teeth whitening to suit your needs. Contact our office today to learn more and to schedule a consultation. Our dentists are happy to answer any questions that you may have.