The key to maintaining good oral hygiene is practicing daily habits and minimizing risk of tooth decay. Flossing is one of the most important aspects of keeping your smile healthy, and we can provide you with tips and techniques to floss effectively.
The efficacy of your flossing sessions depends on factors such as your chosen types of dental floss, your flossing techniques, and the length of time you spend flossing every day. Here are some optimal dental floss tips and techniques:
– Never floss with a random string–only use dental floss or an interdental cleaner that has been recommended to you by a dental professional.
– Look for the American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance on flossing products.
– Flossing gently and safely to avoid causing damage to your gums or teeth.
– Cut a piece piece of dental floss about 18 inches long and use a different section of the floss for each area of your smile. Floss in gentle motions up and down each tooth.
– Don’t forget to floss between all of your teeth and behind your molars.
– Floss at least once per day, every day.
– Don’t use floss that tears or frays easily.
– Visit your dentist for professional dental cleanings and exams as scheduled.
To schedule a visit with Dr. D Robert Haas for a dental checkup or to learn more about effective flossing habits in Lebanon, Ohio, call Family Dentistry, Inc. at 513-932-6991 to speak with a member of our friendly team.